Skip to content
Baby Not Bearing Weight on Legs
KMS422 posted:
Hi everyone...I had some concern my son will be 9 months on August 3rd and he has recently stopped putting weight on his legs, he just brings them up to his stomach. He was holding onto the table and stuff when you would put him next to them and now he wont bear any weight and I am really concerned. He goes for a doc appt soon but I am still worred. He just started crawling, he sits up in all directions on his own, he babbles, says some words like baba, dada, lala etc. He puts objects in his mouth, bangs stuff together all the typical things he should be doing. Do you think he is just being lazy becaue I tend to carry him around all the time or he has other things on his mind. Please help and has anyone else expierenced this?

cjl0510 responded:
My first DS never like to put weight on his legs until he started pulling himself up onto things, which was around 10-11 months. But he was also a chubby kid. My second just loves to be standing all. of. the. time! So I think it might just be him wanting to be placed down so he can crawl around himself maybe. But if not, it's good you are going to go see his doctor- they will know more about the situation. Good luck- and let us know what they say!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.