Skip to content
Baby not Babbling
An_222304 posted:
My son is nearly 8 months old and not babbling. He started cooing pretty early and seems to have stopped now. He still makes some sounds mostly Mmmm sounding, but no babbling. Anyone else have a late babbler? Is it a major cause for concern?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll chime in

I have to say, they seem to walk or be very active, or sit and talk a lot. I rarely know them to be both at the same time. I wouldn't worry but bring it up to the doc when you see him/her again. But I doubt there is cause for concern.
Don't forget about our awesome Parenting Community to share your questions on as well.

momaof6 responded:
hi, My one son did not babble until he was 10 months. Out of all my kids his pronunciation is the best and so is his vocabulary. I would say keep trying to get him to babble and let the dr know but it is probably nothing to be to worried about.

tweety7777 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, he has since started babbling so I guess he just needed a little more time. Thanks again.

tweety7777 replied to momaof6's response:
Thanks for sharing. My son has since started babbling so we are not worried anymore. Thanks again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got married in jan 03 to my wonderful husband we had our first son oct 03 he was 3 weeks 6 days early.Then we got blessed with three more boys and a l...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful