Skip to content
Baby not Babbling
An_222304 posted:
My son is nearly 8 months old and not babbling. He started cooing pretty early and seems to have stopped now. He still makes some sounds mostly Mmmm sounding, but no babbling. Anyone else have a late babbler? Is it a major cause for concern?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll chime in

I have to say, they seem to walk or be very active, or sit and talk a lot. I rarely know them to be both at the same time. I wouldn't worry but bring it up to the doc when you see him/her again. But I doubt there is cause for concern.
Don't forget about our awesome Parenting Community to share your questions on as well.

momaof6 responded:
hi, My one son did not babble until he was 10 months. Out of all my kids his pronunciation is the best and so is his vocabulary. I would say keep trying to get him to babble and let the dr know but it is probably nothing to be to worried about.

tweety7777 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, he has since started babbling so I guess he just needed a little more time. Thanks again.

tweety7777 replied to momaof6's response:
Thanks for sharing. My son has since started babbling so we are not worried anymore. Thanks again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.