Skip to content
Irregular sleep patterns
An_222310 posted:
I have a 6 month old who was sleeping through the night (between 10-12 hrs.)until recently she's been waking up at 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. Most of the time she goes back to sleep. When I know she isn't going to go down on her own I'll wait between 10 to 20 minutes before I go put her back to sleep. Sometimes I nurse her and sometimes I just hold her until she calms down and put her back down. I did all these things because she missed a nap or she only took two 20 min. naps. Just 2'o clock this morning I could hear her babbling and squeeling happily off and on til 4 a.m. I had to go in and nurse her to sleep again. How long she naps is unpredictable and her night sleeping has been compromised. I just want her to get her 14 hr. sleep! This is my third baby and I still don't know what I'm doing wrong. Somebody tell me!

ashers_mommy514 responded:
you arent doing anything wrong! my LO is 6 months and his sleep pattern changes constantly. this week he is only waking once to eat at night and i have been feeling great. last week was TERRIBLE, we were up all night, nursing several times, etc. my lo has also never had a very predictable nap schedule. he sleeps when he is tired. if he wakes at night i change his diaper if i have to and keep lights off while i nurse him back to sleep. sounds like you are doing great meeting your LOs needs!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I began dating sophomore year in H.S. He says that he knew then that he was going to marry me. : ) We were married May 2008 and are the happ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful