Skip to content
9 month old with no tears.
mommapeanut posted:
My son is 9 months old and he still doesn't cry tears. Is this a problem? I can only count 3 times that he has ever had a tear and none of those times was it more than 1 tear and only once did it reach his cheek (the other times, it didn't spill over his lid). He cries all the time because he is teething (which two on the top JUST popped out yesterday), and he has been hurt, but still no tears. Once he poked his eye and it watered a little, but still nothing. ~

*I'm somewhat concerned. Should I be?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,
I would say something to your pediatrician about this. Tell him/her about this and share your concerns for sure. Let us know what they say.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Aria, my little mama was born on 9/3/09. Her father and I have been together over four years, and so far I truely believe we are doing a great job of...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.