Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
6 month old babies
rsmith416 posted:
Is it normal for a 6 month old to growl?

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hehehe. Yes it is. :)
This is the age usually where they find their voice. They growl and scream and make any noise just to hear themselves. It's the beginning stages of language. Enjoy!

rsmith416 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to rsmith416's response:
Hi rsmith416 - I'm the new moderator for this board and had to chime in!

My older daughter was fascinated when the baby started growling. She called her "monster baby" and the name stuck. My monster baby is now 2.5 and still likes to get attention with her growl :)

6 months old - a great age!

Haylen

Ellasmommy811 responded:
my daughter doesn't growl, but she does scream this high-pitched headache inducing scream simply because she can...lol

orphanannie550 responded:
My 7 month old growls & screams all the time.. I think she loves the sound of voice =)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Brenda, I am 27 years old. I have been married to Nick my high school sweetheart since June 14, 2008. Our beautiful baby girl Lyla Sue was ...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.