Skip to content
baby's with pimples
jasonamyhenry posted:
My six month old has a pimple on his chin. Is this normal? It had a little white head and when it came off there was some pus. It is definitely swollen and I was wondering if it could be staff.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi! I'm the board moderator for this community.

Here's a slide show about baby skin that might answer your questions. http://children.webmd.com/slideshow-baby-skin-care

The last slide reads: Most baby skin rashes and problems aren't serious, but a few may be signs of infection — and need close attention. If baby's skin has small, red-purplish dots, if there are yellow fluid-filled bumps (pustules), or if baby has a fever or lethargy, call your pediatrician for medical treatment right away.

So please do consult your doctor if you see any of the above signs.

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We got married August 27, 2005. After a couple of years of marriage we decided we wanted to have a baby....More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.