Skip to content
Feeding Problems
An_222311 posted:
I have a 7 month old baby that gags at every bite of table food. For the past week, he has been fussy at meal times eating his baby food. He has been eating his cereal, except for today. He is teething. When will he have a taste for table food?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there! I had a not-great eater at 7 months old as well. I suspect the teething might be irritating your little one as well.

Here's a link to an Expert Q&A that addresses a variety of table food issues.

http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/baby-food-nutrition-9/baby-food-answers

I found this interesting:
The biggest rule is: Never to try to force them to eat. Make mealtime pleasant and fun -- they need to enjoy it or they'll eat even less.

Let me know if you need any more information!

Haylen

Ellasmommy811 responded:
I am going with Haylen on this one. His gums are probably irritated, so my advice would be to let him chew on a teething toy as much as he will to help him go ahead and get those teeth coming in. I don't like giving my daughter anything that numbs if I can help it. I definitely would not give anything that numbs near any meal time whether liquid or solid...I know that everytime I have used orajel or anything like that if i wasn't careful it would numb more than where the pain was.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I began dating sophomore year in H.S. He says that he knew then that he was going to marry me. : ) We were married May 2008 and are the happ...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.