Skip to content
Car Seat question
EMB2006 posted:
I posted this on the Baby's First Year board but thought I might get a response here too.

I have a 6 month old son who's quickly outgrowing his car seat. As of Jan. 17 he's 20 lbs & 27 1/8 inches long. His car seat maxes out at 22 lbs & 29 inches. Just wondering what the next step is for a car seat? We've been thinking about the convertible car seat & will be looking a new ones this weekend. When is it safe to turn him around to facing forward??

Thanks.

lillygirl831 responded:
Hi EMB- I've asked the same question and heard numerous times that the baby can not face forward until he is AT LEAST one years old. I guess some Dr's are now saying that they want LO's to face backwards until 2 years old. I have the same issue as you. My son is 20LB and 29". You should look for a convertible seat that will still face backwards. Good luck in finding one.

Ellasmommy811 responded:
I think they have some out now that you can keep rear-facing until like 35lbs...honestly I didn't really pay attention to the height, but I am pretty sure that Graco makes some 35lb ones.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful 7-month-old son named Noah. He is the light of my life! My partner and I both work full time, and it stinks! There never seems to b...More

Helpful Tips

Diaper Rash Relief!!! Lobana Peri-Garde
I have been this exact situation with severe diaper rash. And desparatly trying all kinds of products to immediately help. We couldn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful