Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Car Seat question
EMB2006 posted:
I posted this on the Baby's First Year board but thought I might get a response here too.

I have a 6 month old son who's quickly outgrowing his car seat. As of Jan. 17 he's 20 lbs & 27 1/8 inches long. His car seat maxes out at 22 lbs & 29 inches. Just wondering what the next step is for a car seat? We've been thinking about the convertible car seat & will be looking a new ones this weekend. When is it safe to turn him around to facing forward??

Thanks.

Lillygirl831 responded:
Hi EMB- I've asked the same question and heard numerous times that the baby can not face forward until he is AT LEAST one years old. I guess some Dr's are now saying that they want LO's to face backwards until 2 years old. I have the same issue as you. My son is 20LB and 29". You should look for a convertible seat that will still face backwards. Good luck in finding one. :)

Ellasmommy811 responded:
I think they have some out now that you can keep rear-facing until like 35lbs...honestly I didn't really pay attention to the height, but I am pretty sure that Graco makes some 35lb ones.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.