Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 month old baby bones
sadiesmom25 posted:
my daughter is 7 months old and when i pick her up her bones pop and make a cracking noise,mostly in her back region,she is also very flexible and can pretty much do a split.... is this normal?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I couldn't find anything on WebMD about this topic but a call to your pediatrician and/or an appointment would be appropriate.

Haylen

Emalee_16 responded:
my baby is four months and the same thing happens to her. I'm so happy someone has the same question. I going to ask her dr next week.

orphanannie550 responded:
My now 7 month old granddaughters hip & lower back pop all the time. Less now that she has gotten older. We asked her pediatrician ans she said it was noraml. I hope this helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I started dating 9/1/98 when I was 15 and he was 17. We had that on and off again relationship for many years. We got engaged 12/17/05 ...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.