Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 month old with bad couph.
7mthsmom posted:
my daugther has a couph for a while. is there anything at home or over the counter i can give her to help?

ChristenMarvin responded:
My daughter has had a bad cough at night off and on for about a month. She has seen her peditrican but they don't really do anything about it. They just tell me to treat the symptoms. Here is what advise I can give: If it is due to sinus drainage (which is why she has a cough) use saline drops at night before bed and suction it out. Raise the head of the bed up. Use a cool mist humidifier or sit in a steamy room. Rub Vicks baby rub on the chest and the feet (old wifes tale, that seems to work) and make sure that the feet are covered, maybe with socks. My daughter has even had to sleep in her car seat, that helped too. When they lay down it's always worse. I haven't done this from my own personal experience but I have heard that you can bundle them up and go out into the cool night air too. Anyways, hope some of this advise is helpful. I know how you feel, them coughs are stubborn and frustrating. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to a wonderful man & we have a beautiful boy born on July 26, 2010. He's our world & we're enjoying every day with him!!

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.