Skip to content
Should I be Worried ??????
kellybrandonmom posted:
ok my 7 month old son Brandon he loves to lay on his back ! He rolls from side to side he holds his bottle on his own . He can sit on his own for almost 5 minutes on his own but when you lay him on his stomach he is ok for a few seconds but then he screams !!! So should I be worried or could it be he doesnt know what to do yet ? or Should I take him to a doctor ??????

phoenix31674 responded:
my daughter hated tummy time with a passion and would scream bloody murder when we did it. I forget when she quit screaming about it, but it was pretty old. She pretty much waited to like it until she could use it as a gateway to crawling. DS on the other hand loves his tummy and once he could roll of his side only wanted to sleep on his tummy.

as much as it sucks for you, you need to have him spend time on his tummy. Get down on the floor with him and try to distract him with toys. He should be rolling over all the way to his tummy any day. The delay (most but not all kids roll over by 6 months) is probably because he hasn't been spending much time on his tummy.

With DD I started off with 1 minute and worked my way to 5 minutes at a time several times a day. She still screamed, but it really helps develop muscles to be on his tummy.

Can't hurt to call the docs office and see if there might be some other reason. I think DD didn't like it because you could see more on your back, use your hands better and play with your toes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got married in jan 03 to my wonderful husband we had our first son oct 03 he was 3 weeks 6 days early.Then we got blessed with three more boys and a l...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.