Skip to content
7 1/2 month old only wants to sleep in her carseat
An_222316 posted:
Does anyone else have a baby who does this? If I try and lay her in her crib with the matress elevated she walks right up! My oldest son would nap in his carseat but @ night he slept flat. However by 6 months he slept flat for naps too. She does have reflex, but I still worry about her in there @ night. I do buckle her in, but just wish she would sleep normal.
Can anyone relate?

Mom to 2 boys and one sweet princess

abennett1002 responded:
My daughter is also 7 and a half months and she will only sleep in her swing or carseat. She's never been tested for reflux but REFUSES to sleep flat or elevated in a crib. This has been going on since she was about 3 months old and I hate it! I too strap her in so I know she's safe but I feel awful leaving her in that all night because she can't move around or stretch. She is my fourth and none of my other children did this. I worry that it's not healthy for her to be in the swing every night

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We got married August 27, 2005. After a couple of years of marriage we decided we wanted to have a baby....More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.