Skip to content
My 7 month old just doesnt like to sleep without me.
ashmommy5 posted:
My son is 7 months old and i feel like i created a monster with his sleeping habit. He was never a good sleeper until he was about 4 months old. He would get up about 2 times a night sometimes more but after he was 4 months he finally started sleeping more through the night sometimes still getting up but not to bad. I am breastfeeding. My son now is back to not sleeping at all. I have done that whole let them cry it out thing and i worked for a week. He cried for the first 2 days and then he would go right to sleep and not wake up until the morning. As soon as i lay him in his crib he sceams and screams and i let him go for a while but then he gets to where he cant even breathe he gasps and coughs its awful. He also used to go to bed at 8 now he is up until 11 or 12. Im thinking is a separation thing from me but im not sure what to do. HELP....

An_239307 responded:
Hi, i am in the exact same boat as you! I noticed you posted this a month ago, have things changed or gotten better? We have been in sleep hell for almost 3 months! My little guy is 7 months old.......for a while he was up every 1-2 hours, then stretched it out to about 4 hours for his first stretch at nite then every 1-2 hours after that. Sometimes he will be up screaming for hours during the nite and we will try everything.........nursing, rocking, CIO, etc. Nothing is working. Now he doesn't nap (only falls asleep in the car). He is chronically overtired......we are seeing a sleep doctor on Friday. Please let me know if anything has changed in your situation and if there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.