Skip to content
Sleep
kay_kay75 posted:
Ok so my SO thinks that a 3 hour nap in the afternoon is too much for our 7 month old... what do you think? Generally she will only nap like this if she doesn't take a good morning nap, like yesterday she only napped in the morning for about 30 minutes but then took a 3 hour afternoon nap. How do I get him to understand that she needs lots of sleep to help her grow?

bgabert responded:
I definitely don't think it is too much whatsoever!
If she doesn't get a good morning nap, then why not let her sleep as long as she wants in the afternoon?

My DS does this same thing, he's almost 8.5 months old and does the same thing. Normal naps = morning nap of 2 hours afternoon nap of 2 hours!
If he doens't have a good morning one, then he's even slept for 4 hours in the afternoon!

I say, let them sleep as long as they want.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I met in Chicago while we both lived there and discovered that we grew up about an hour apart from each other in Indiana. We dated for 4 yea...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.