Skip to content
7 month old with hair loss
pixtera posted:
I have not been on the boards for a while but I am having a weird issue with my daughter. She is 7 months old and over the past 3 days has developed an apple sized oval with no hair. The skin looks perfect and nothing else is wrong with her. When I grasp the hair around the oval it just falls off in my hand. I am pretty sure its not from rubbing because the only time she is on her back is to have a bottle. As soon as we lay her down for bed she flips right over to her belly and sleeps like that all night. I did some internet research and the only thing I can find is that maybe its Alopecia Areata?? Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I will be making a doc appt in th a.m. but until then I am freaking out!
Thanks in advance for any light you are able to shed on this matter!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.