Skip to content
i am a proud new dad and need help.
newdad2011 posted:
am a new dad and i find my self getting very nervous around my son he is 5 months old. what do i do

Olivetre responded:
what do you get nervous about? i was a little nervous the first time around thinking am i doing this right? She is now 3 1/2 and doing great. she is now a big sister and loves her a lot.

Newdaddytoo responded:
We need more info. I am not sure what you are nervous about?

newdad2011 replied to Newdaddytoo's response:
get nervous in general thinking " am i going to hurt him"

kay_kay75 replied to newdad2011's response:
hurt him doing what? changing, playing, dressing? these are normal fears and you will be fine...

newdad2011 replied to kay_kay75's response:
all the above b/c i play to rough.

jminer333 replied to newdad2011's response:
Babies are resilient. I thought my husband played too rough. But my son loved it. Now he loves being wrestled with and thrown REALLY high in the air. Just watch your child's face as you play, that will tell you if they're ok with what you are doing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for almost two years now, and am a SAHM to Jacob. He was born 7/27/09, and is our first child. I am a teacher, but I am currently ...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.