Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 Month Old Waking Up Every 2 Hours At Night
Arby123 posted:
For the last several weeks, our 7 month old has been waking up every 2 hours during the night. Sometimes his diaper is wet, sometimes not. He will drink 2-4 ounces of formula and usually go back to sleep in an hour or so. When he was 5 and 6 months old, he would sleep through the night (8-10 hours) and rarely wake during the night. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, would now be a good time to start sleep training him, and what sleep training method might work best?

kay_kay75 responded:
Stop feeding him in the middle of the night, at this point this is becoming a habit, try to leave him in his bed, pat his back, make sure that he isn't hurting or anything and let him go back to sleep. If you continue to feed him in the night he will not learn to go back to sleep on his own. HTH

Arby123 replied to kay_kay75's response:
Thanks kay_kay75. I have had the same advice from several other people, including one pediatrician. We'll give it a try. I'll keep you posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mom to a beautiful baby girl named Alice! She was born February 4 and has been the most beautiful part of my life ever since!

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.