Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

7 Month Old Waking Up Every 2 Hours At Night
    Arby123 posted:
    For the last several weeks, our 7 month old has been waking up every 2 hours during the night. Sometimes his diaper is wet, sometimes not. He will drink 2-4 ounces of formula and usually go back to sleep in an hour or so. When he was 5 and 6 months old, he would sleep through the night (8-10 hours) and rarely wake during the night. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, would now be a good time to start sleep training him, and what sleep training method might work best?

kay_kay75 responded:
    Stop feeding him in the middle of the night, at this point this is becoming a habit, try to leave him in his bed, pat his back, make sure that he isn't hurting or anything and let him go back to sleep. If you continue to feed him in the night he will not learn to go back to sleep on his own. HTH

Arby123 replied to kay_kay75's response:
    Thanks kay_kay75. I have had the same advice from several other people, including one pediatrician. We'll give it a try. I'll keep you posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We got married August 27, 2005. After a couple of years of marriage we decided we wanted to have a baby....More

Helpful Tips

Diaper Rash Relief!!! Lobana Peri-Garde
    I have been this exact situation with severe diaper rash. And desparatly trying all kinds of products to immediately help. We couldn't ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.