Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Milestones
wmatto83 posted:
Hey Folks! I am new to this community. I have a 6 month old son. He is sitting up on his own for about 5 to 10 seconds. Is that normal? Or should it be longer? Also when did everyone else's LO hit certain milestones...like pulling up and crawling. Everyone keeps asking me if he is crawling yet and when I say no then just kind of look at me. I think it is soon for crawling. Thanks!

sdadkin responded:
My son just turned 7 months and he isn't sitting up or crawling yet. He does pull up on his arms farely well, but he doesn't know to pick his knees up yet. My first son didn't start crawling til he was 11 months old and walked at 14 months! I think every child is different and you can't really compare them. I do think my 7 month old will be crawling soon though. He's almost got it

wmatto83 replied to sdadkin's response:
You are right every child is different! Thank you for your input!
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 Two Fury sons both 5

jminer333 responded:
Every child is very different. My son is 8 months. My son was rolling over at 3 weeks, eating rice cereal at 5 weeks, first teeth at 4 months, crawling at 6 months, sitting on his own at 4 months, and he has been pulling himself up and walking around holding onto the furniture for a few weeks now. His cousin is 1 week younger. Not crawling, 2 teeth, no solid foods that I am aware of.
They do things when they are ready. My daughter didn't walk until she was 18months almost, and my 8 month old is trying to walk now. You can't guess when these things are going to happen, and you can't make them happen. Just be patient.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well my hubby and i have been married 8 years in January. We are high school sweetheart. We both work in security. We have beautiful baby boy named Lo...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.