Skip to content
Holding Bottle?
zabroza86 posted:
My son will be 7 months on the 16th and he is yet to hold his own bottle. I will place my hands over his little hands and he will hold his bottle for a good minute or so, then slowly remove his hands. I'm not sure if I've been babying him or if the bottle is cold therefore he doesn't like it. *shrugs* I planned on slowly transitioning him to the sippy cup but now I'm not sure if its a good idea or not.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

wmatto83 responded:
Some babies develop at different times. It is really nothing to be concerned with I think. My son has been holding his own bottle for a few months now BUT there are days like this morning he didn't want to. I would put his hands there and let go and he would too. If your son is holding it even for a minute it is fine. He will get there. Try a sippy cup with big colorful handles. NUK makes a nice one. He may hold it because it has handles. Good luck!
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 Two Fury sons both 5

sdadkin responded:
My son is 8 months and he wont hold his own bottle. It's not because he can't it's because he is lazy! I have watched him hold it on his own before but if I am feeding him he wont hold it! He is a little stinker! Lol. I would think you could still try giving him a sippy. You don't want to wait too long to do it or otherwise you might have a hard time getting him to give up the bottle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mommy of 3 very energetic ckids 2 boys and a girl. Th e baby is 8 months now and she is into everything. The boys keep me busy with all the...More

Helpful Tips

Diaper Rash Relief!!! Lobana Peri-Garde
I have been this exact situation with severe diaper rash. And desparatly trying all kinds of products to immediately help. We couldn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful