Skip to content
Holding Bottle?
zabroza86 posted:
My son will be 7 months on the 16th and he is yet to hold his own bottle. I will place my hands over his little hands and he will hold his bottle for a good minute or so, then slowly remove his hands. I'm not sure if I've been babying him or if the bottle is cold therefore he doesn't like it. *shrugs* I planned on slowly transitioning him to the sippy cup but now I'm not sure if its a good idea or not.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

wmatto83 responded:
Some babies develop at different times. It is really nothing to be concerned with I think. My son has been holding his own bottle for a few months now BUT there are days like this morning he didn't want to. I would put his hands there and let go and he would too. If your son is holding it even for a minute it is fine. He will get there. Try a sippy cup with big colorful handles. NUK makes a nice one. He may hold it because it has handles. Good luck!
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 Two Fury sons both 5

sdadkin responded:
My son is 8 months and he wont hold his own bottle. It's not because he can't it's because he is lazy! I have watched him hold it on his own before but if I am feeding him he wont hold it! He is a little stinker! Lol. I would think you could still try giving him a sippy. You don't want to wait too long to do it or otherwise you might have a hard time getting him to give up the bottle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wonderful hubby and I have known each other almost our entire lives. We started dating when I was in 9th grade and he was in 10th. We made it throu...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.