Skip to content
My 7 month old baby
priya007 posted:
Hi my 7 month old does not sleep through night .He wakes up and hav milk n then sleep,i tried him putting back to sleep ,as he started crawling he started cralwling to his bolttle area.I also worried a little as he is spitting now a days ,some times more n some times less but he is doing frequently.He is also not clapping n doing actions with his hands like bye
when ever i do that he just smiles at me.Ialso wan tto know how can i play with him more like i want some ideas that helps him build socail skills.

wmatto83 responded:
Well I have bad news for you....my 7 month old doesn't sleep thru the night either. LOL some people tell me their 2 years old still get up. So I am not concerned there at all. Other people's babies at 1 month old sleep thru the night...consider them lucky!
Also you said he is spitting up and you said he has milk?? Maybe you meant formula. He shouldn't be having milk until he is over 1 year old. Until them formula or breast milk. As far as him not clapping and doing actions....either does my little guy. He waves once in awhile and reaches for me but doesn't clap his hands on his own. YOu said your little guy is crawling that is great my little guy wants to but hasn't yet. It sounds like your LO is perfectly fine other than that spitting up if you think it is serious call his doctor and maybe he has some mild acid reflux.
As far as playing with him more. Fisherprices website has a parenting section and neat little games to paly with your baby and it helps build there hand movements it goes by age. Help building social skills won't realyl come unless he is around other kids. Not that I am saying throw him in daycare but maybe one or two hours a week find a local daycare that will do that. My little guy has been in daycare since he is 7 weeks old and he loves it there and he is extremely socialable.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 Two Fury sons both 5

jminer333 responded:
My son is 8-months and loves playing peek-a-boo. He will crawl around a corner, and when you ask where he is, he crawls into sight. When you say peek-a-boo, he smiles and giggles. He also does it with little blankets over his head.
My son doesn't clap either. He waves sometimes, but not very often. He usually just smiles or giggles.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got married in jan 03 to my wonderful husband we had our first son oct 03 he was 3 weeks 6 days early.Then we got blessed with three more boys and a l...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.