Skip to content
Need Advice
zabroza86 posted:
My LO will be 8 months on Thursday and I'm needing some kind of advice or thoughts to get through this ordeal I am going through.

My son has been acting different towards his Dad for about 2 weeks now. Our son will be totally excited when his Dad walks through the door, will give him the biggest smile, etc BUT whenever his dad takes him alone for his "visit" our son will become cranky, crying, and of course fussy. I personally thinks it is a phase our LO is going through by only wanting Momma (me) but then again could it be more?

Has anybody else experienced this type of behavior from their LO?

*sorry for the rushed post, but kinda scattered brained at work*

wmatto83 responded:
Absolutely just a phase. My little guy does the same thing. The only people he his totally comfortable around is me, the day care lady and my mother-in-law. He screams if he is left alone with my mom and he okay jsut like your LO when daddy walks in the room but if Daddy has him and I walk out of the room immediately starts fussing. My MIL says it is the attachment age and they do grow out of it.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 Two Fury sons both 5

zabroza86 replied to wmatto83's response:
Has your DH said anything about your LO's behavior?

I felt bad when my BSD told me that our LO didn't know or want to be around him. I really wanted to say because it is the truth but I didn't want to seem harsh. I also don't want to always be around when he is with his dad because then I know my LO will only want me. ^_^

BTW, thanks for getting back to me

wmatto83 replied to zabroza86's response:
The only thing DH says is that he is a mamas boy which he is. And he makes fun all the time saying that DS will be 16 and still falling asleep on my chest at night. I don't think it is the fact that they don't want to be around them I think it is more of a security thing right now I just read again that at this age they are at the height of this attachment with us so from here on out it should improve slightly. Now my nephew who 17 months old is still very attached to his mommy he won't even let me hold him for a picture. So I think it goes with every child is different.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 Two Fury sons both 5

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well my hubby and i have been married 8 years in January. We are high school sweetheart. We both work in security. We have beautiful baby boy named Lo...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.