Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C DIFF
melissiahead posted:
About 2 weeks ago I was told that my 8 month old has c diff and she was put on a weeks worth of antibotics the doctor ordered another stool sample and and the nurse was suppost to call me back Friday with results and did not well I called this morning because she started showing worsing signs of c diff and is starting to get chapped and there is nothing that we can do to calm her down. She will sit up and lean forword because if I was guessing I would say her belly was hurting her. Her stool is starting to smell worse that what it did when we first found out that she had it. I have called her doctor Friday and twice today and nobody has returned my call to find out what he wants me to do or if he wants to see her we are a good 45 minutes from the clinic anybody have any suggestions on what I should do?

mommyin2011 responded:
Definitely take her to either the Urgent Care or ER. Don't leave her in pain. Maybe you need to change her Pediatrician.
Just a little info about C. diff:

Clostridium difficile is a spore-forming bacteria that is part of the normal intestinal flora. With intestinal overgrowth, C. difficile is the major cause of antibiotic-associated diarrhea and colitis secondary to antimicrobial therapy. C. difficile is the primary cause of pseudomembranous colitis. The organism produces cytotoxins that lead to frequent, foul-smelling, watery stools. (I work at a lab)

I really hope this clears up and she starts feeling better real soon!!!
Proud mommy to DS (7/31/11) and pregnant with 2 (due 7/20/12 - it's a girl!)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wonderful hubby and I have known each other almost our entire lives. We started dating when I was in 9th grade and he was in 10th. We made it throu...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.