Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
crawling
BabyTalia posted:
My baby girl will turn 8 months in days. She hates to be put on her tummy and does not tend to begin to crawl and she struggles to stand up on her feet. sometimes we can not put her to sit down because she is forcing to stand. Any advice how to make her beginn to crawl ? Is it true that some babies walk and do not crawl. Any advice

sdadkin responded:
My first son (who is almost 3) did not crawl until he was 11 months old and didn't walk until 14 months old. Every child is different. You can't force them to do anything you just have to let them do it on their own. She will get it eventually. I wouldn't worry about it. Pretty soon she won't want you to hold her at all and she will be on the constant move!

jminer333 responded:
My father never crawled, and a HS friend of mine never crawled weither, they just started walking. I wouldn't worry too much. My nephew is 5 months and screams when put on his belly, wont even try to go for a toy. You can always ask your doctor is you are really concerned.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I am 24 years old. I have been married to my husband Chris, who is 22, for 3 years. I have a daughter named Rochelle who is 5, a ...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.