Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how much formula after starting solids
ajs0924 posted:
DS seems to be totally over his bottle and he's only 6 1/2 months old! We started solids around 5 1/2 months and he took to them well... a little too well actually. He doesn't have much interest in his bottle any more even when he hasn't had anything in hours (like first thing in the morning). I know he still needs the nutrition from formula and I'm wondering how much he should be getting in this transition into solid foods.

gwengutierrez responded:
DS eats solids 3 times a day and sometimes does the same thing. He rather eat food than drink formula. But it's hit and miss so I don't worry too much. I'm gonna ask Ped on Friday just to be sure.

loving replied to gwengutierrez's response:
mine child is now 7 months and just started eating solid food more than eating, but was eating solid food here and there until before he turned 7 months. Sometimes I try to give him his bottle but he rather food and then juice after the meal. And really drinks his formula at night when he is a sleep.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All! I am married to my husband for 2 years and we have been together 12 years. We had a wonderful baby boy in May of 2011. And he has just be...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.