Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help
An_249826 posted:
Help!!! My 6 month old is not interested in eating! She is doing well at her Peds checkups (steadily gaining weight... no sicknesses) and currently has 1 tooth breaking through. On a good day... she only takes three 4oz bottles during the day with a 6oz bottle at night. During the day she may take in up to 8tbsn of oatmeal (at different times) and we have just started introducing her to fruits and veggies but she hasn't eaten them in any significant amounts (not too fond of them yet). I have been told by many others that their babies eat 6 to 8oz bottles 4-5x daily along with some food throughout the day. I'm so frustrated!! Remember,,, I said that she eats like this on a good day... today is a BAD day!! She only ate about 3oz with her first bottle... 3.5oz with her second bottle and 3oz with her third... and has not taken any solids today!!! Really worried! This has been going on for months now... I keep hoping she will become more interested but no luck! Me pediatrician doesn't seem concerned because she is meeting growth requirements but it just doesn't seem right to me..... ANY HELP out there???

thank you for taking the time to read
sc

NorahElizabeth responded:
Wow i pretty much just posted the exact same thing. Maybe its just their age?? My baby has never eaten well! Its a struggle every day!

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
My twins are 7 months old now and they've only just started being interested in food. I feed them twice a day. In the morning I give them yogurt mixed with rice cereal and fruit. They get 2-3 bottles during the day (4-6 oz) and dinner at like 6-7pm. I offer vegetables, fruit, and meat baby food at dinner.

Some days they eat the entire bowl of food, which is maybe 1/4 cup. Other days, they just take a few bites and want to drink some formula. At night, they wake up 2-3 times each and drink a small bottle each time.

James has one tooth and is more interested in eating than Erin. He's also 3 lbs heavier and 2 inches taller. When we go out to eat lunch at a diner, we give him a piece of toast to eat. Erin nibbles on crackers, rice rusks, and yogurt melts.

I didn't force mine to start eating. I just put them in their highchairs twice a day and offered a small amount of food. They would make faces when I'd give them something new, but I was just getting them used to how to eat. I also give them clean spoons and bowls to play with.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I met in Chicago while we both lived there and discovered that we grew up about an hour apart from each other in Indiana. We dated for 4 yea...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.