Skip to content
daycare guilt
rooni134 posted:
Hello!

I am hoping that some experienced parents are able to help me. I have a 7 month old (first baby) daughter who goes to daycare full time. she is a happy healthy baby, she is always smiling. lately though she has been entering the 'attachment/stranger anxiety' phase. I am worried that she wont think of me as 'mom' but just another caretaker. i feel extremely guilty about leaving her everyday, but i have no other choice...
when i am with her, i do whatever i can to let her know that i am mommy. i hug her, kiss her, sing to her, play with her etc.
its just very hard to know that now is the time where she is recognizing people and she doesnt see me all day...
any suggestions as to how i can ease my guilt?
thank you

Spotlight: Member Stories

My DH and I began dating sophomore year in H.S. He says that he knew then that he was going to marry me. : ) We were married May 2008 and are the happ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.