Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
daycare guilt
rooni134 posted:
Hello!

I am hoping that some experienced parents are able to help me. I have a 7 month old (first baby) daughter who goes to daycare full time. she is a happy healthy baby, she is always smiling. lately though she has been entering the 'attachment/stranger anxiety' phase. I am worried that she wont think of me as 'mom' but just another caretaker. i feel extremely guilty about leaving her everyday, but i have no other choice...
when i am with her, i do whatever i can to let her know that i am mommy. i hug her, kiss her, sing to her, play with her etc.
its just very hard to know that now is the time where she is recognizing people and she doesnt see me all day...
any suggestions as to how i can ease my guilt?
thank you

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello All! I am married to my husband for 2 years and we have been together 12 years. We had a wonderful baby boy in May of 2011. And he has just be...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.