Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
6 month old isn't sitting up
An_251707 posted:
My little girl is actively eating, "talking" with ba, da, & ma, and she's scooting like she's trying to get up to crawl. She hasn't really shown any interest in sitting up. Any advice? Or am I just paranoid? She is very active with tummy time (rolls A LOT) and bounces in her free-standing bouncer. I feel like I gave her toys that are putting the cart before the horse so-to-speak.

ElanaGoldleaf responded:
my daughter in 9 months right now, and she can sit up, but never does... she would rather stand and try to cruise than sit and play with toys.... I work with her on sitting and once i get her into the position or if she is eating--no problem, but otherwise, she's just not interested....Don't worry about it.... Some babies don't even crawl before walking, and it sounds like your little one is just too busy talking and trying to crawl to worry about it right now! She'll get there

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the Mommy of a wonderful baby girl named Eleora Marylin. She is the love of my life. She was born 7-23-09. I am married to the most wonderful man...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding the Ctrl button on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 32 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.