Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Separation anxiety started early - ending early?
PittmanOfLaMancha posted:
In most of the baby milestone articles I've seen, babies are expected to start having separation and stranger anxiety starting around 6-7 months. My baby is 7 months old now and has been having separation anxiety since she was 4 months old.

For the past three months, she barely let anyone hold her other than me or my husband, and the couple of times we tried to leave her with my very capable mother, my baby cried THE WHOLE TIME until one of us returned and took her.

We think we see her starting to outgrow this anxiety. Since she started so early, is that a reasonable hope? As much as we love her, it would be nice to go on a date without our baby in tow.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I am 24 years old. I have been married to my husband Chris, who is 22, for 3 years. I have a daughter named Rochelle who is 5, a ...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.