Skip to content
REALLY RED CHEEKS
dontaya posted:
HELLO, I DONT WANT TO FREAK MYSELF OUT, MY 8 MONTH OLD SON IS TEETHING, FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS HIS CHEEKS ARE GETTING REALLY RED. HE IS REALLY CRANKY DUE TO HIS TEETHING, BUT IS THIS NORMAL ??? WHEN I TOUCH HIS CHEEKS IT SEEMS TO BE A UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING FOR HIM. BEFORE I GO TO THE ER AND MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS, I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS IS NOT COMMON

emily_christine responded:
My son is about 7 month old and my Peds Dr told me its Chaped cheeks I dont know where you live but I'm in NY he said when they are tething they are drooling more touching their faces getting them wet and then any outside exposure or just the contant wet and drying chaps the cheeks. Put some vasaline on them and it should clear up

dontaya replied to emily_christine's response:
Thank you, I am in Miami, Florida. His doctor told me it was
PANNICULITIS." It comes from putting his teething ring in the freezer ( it was like he got freezer burns ) . She suggested I place a wet washcloth in a zip lock bag & place it in the refrigerator or freezer. Since then everything has been much better. I also noticed that I can't give him anything to cold to drink, or else his cheeks will begin to get red again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to a wonderful man & we have a beautiful boy born on July 26, 2010. He's our world & we're enjoying every day with him!!

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.