Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
daddy in distress!!!
bigcityhillbilly posted:
can someone please email and let me know what to for my son, i just got custidy of him and he is 6 months old, his mother nneglected him and only fed him formula this whole time, she left him in a playpen all day and night and he is under wieght and his nurtiecmnent was bare minimum, he only had a bowel movement once a day ussually while sleepin early morning since ive had him the last 2 weeks, im scared aboout what to feed him and how fast i should start giving him anything since his system has only had formula, also he does not comunicate using any verbal or jesturing ways other than waking up screaming to be changed or fed and he doesnt make eye contact , im working with cps and his new pediatricain to get weight put on him, heis a happy baby anddidnt deserve to be treated the wy his mother treated him, anyways if anyone has had the same situation with a baby that age please contact me, as of now i have continued the formula, similac advanced and have been trying to get him to eat baby food apples , bannanas and thing that arnt to acidy cause he spitts up from the formula , he was never spoon fed by his mother either and im havin a hard time tryn to get him to not spit it out once in his mouth, nay help i can get will be greatly apreciated, thank you and god bless, my personal is hinesonstage @ gmail .com thanks you in advance

mfdeguire responded:
Hi bigcityhillbilly,

I am on here today for the first time and wondered how your baby is doing? Did you figure out feeding? He would be 9 months now, about the same age as my child. It's actually normal for babies to wait until they're 6 months to start being spoon fed and they normally have trouble keeping the food in their mouth to start out. I hope it has gotten better though. Is everything working out alright?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Got married in jan 03 to my wonderful husband we had our first son oct 03 he was 3 weeks 6 days early.Then we got blessed with three more boys and a l...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.