Skip to content
6 month yr old wants to sleep with his blanket
kdawsonk posted:
We recently took away the baby holder from his crib,now won't sleep without the blanket that covered the bed. Can we let him sleep with his blanket at this age

Liamsmommee responded:
I see that you had posted this 2 years ago. I am only commenting just in case other parents are wondering the same thing.

My LO refused to sleep unless he had his blanket. It is not adviseable to allow an infant younger than 9-12 months old to sleep with anything other than the clothes on their back. People say it can cause SIDS. My LO slept on his belly from day 1 and slept with a blanket. Every kid is different just have to keep an eye on them...very closely. lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Beth and I am 24 years old. I have been married to my husband Chris, who is 22, for 3 years. I have a daughter named Rochelle who is 5, a ...More

Helpful Tips

No stimulation
I've read and been told that you shouldn't give your baby any stimulation when they wake up in the middle of the night. It may be hard but ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.