Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: Twilight Poll
TinaRVT posted:
Since many many of us on here are now addicted to Twilight (thanks Panda), I thought I would do a poll about it. (I am bored and stressed, need a diversion). 1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? b yes, halfway through Breaking Dawn 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? b DSS bought me Twilight for my b-day on 10-27. Now I am half way through Breaking Dawn, so 3 weeks. 3.) Which is your favorite book? b so far, new moon. A lot more action in that book, to me. I like the love story between Jacob and Bella 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? b Team Jacob. It just seems to me that Bella is more herself around him, and he keeps her in check. 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? b yes, DH and I already have a babysitter lined up. I am so excited that he said he would go with me. Plus this will only be our 2nd time out without the kids in well over a year. This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? b No. I don't normally read Romances.

panda_mama responded:
I think you all know my answers to this :sillygrin:

mlgbears31 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? Yes, finished last Friday 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? Hiding my head in shame because it took about 6 weeks. 3.) Which is your favorite book? Breaking Dawn Just finally brought everything together to where it made me happy. 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Team Jacob! What can I say, I'm an animal lover! 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? Yes, we're going after Thanksgiving. MIL is watching Kayla for us. This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? Nope, vampires scare me.

meercat7 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? b yep, read the whole set 3 times so far :sillygrin: 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? b I read Twilight in a couple days, all the others took me a matter of hours :sheepish: 3.) Which is your favorite book? b Breaking Dawn, without a question! 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? b Edward. Because I'm in love with him :sillygrin: 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? b yeah but I have no idea when it will get to Seward :sad: This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? b I actually started reading it before she started the pandemic, but she inspired me to get through them quicker :sillygrin:

unknown responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? yes 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? It took me 5 days to read the first 3. Breaking dawn took about 4 days once I started reading it. I had a very busy week 3.) Which is your favorite book? I love them all for their own reasons, but I love how Breaking Dawn wraps everything up. 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? I love Edward and Jacob, but I love Edward for Bella. I like it it all worked out. 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? YES! I just have to decide when we're going to see it. This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? Yes. I actually had heard of them months before and my BFF bought them. I was waiting for her to get them back from her SIL's. Everyone talking about it made me want to read them even more though.

cdog8 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? Yes I finished Breaking Dawn Sunday night. 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? I'd say 6 weeks or more. I had things that needed to get done so I forced myself to wait between books until I accomplished what I needed. 3.) Which is your favorite book? I would have to say Breaking Dawn and Twilight. 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? I've always been a little wishy-washy on that but I think Team Edward 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? yes. But I don't know when yet. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? Probably.

CeltAngel3 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? read it, and all her excerpts on the website 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? I read them in under a week. 3.) Which is your favorite book? either Eclipse or Breaking Dawn 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Mostly team Edward. 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? yes, but not sure when we'll get to it. DH kinda of has dibs on Quantum of Solace (which I want to see too), and I'm not sure how many times we can skip out on my parents to go see movies during the week we're up there (we also don't have any child care arrangements here) This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? Probably not. I had seen the flair on Facebook a long time ago and thought that anything that generated that much flair had to be for teeny boppers and I wouldn't be interested.

jryba responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? yes, halfway through Breaking Dawn 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? going on week 4 3.) Which is your favorite book? so far, Twilight.... but Breaking Dawn might beat it. 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Team Edward. Can you imagine someone having feeling THAT strong for you and feeling that strongly about someone else. I mean I love my HUBBY - but he is not a "drug" to me - we need our apart time 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? I will probably have to wait to rent it This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? No. I don't normally read anything about vampires.

scgirl27 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? Reading Eclipse now. 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? I started about a month ago. Yes, slow reader I know... but I have to read after DS goes to sleep and all the housework is caught up. 3.) Which is your favorite book? New Moon so far... but Im not that far into Eclipse yet. 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Team Edward! 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? yes, but not sure when. I want to wait and let the teeny bopper croud die out a little bit. This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? No. I dont like vampires at all... well I DIDNT like vampires until I read about the Cullens family.

Wailea2005 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? yes, 150 pages into New Moon.. I'm a Newbie! 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? Three nights for Twilight... I' ve only had an hour the last 2 nights for new Moon 3.) Which is your favorite book? so far, Twilight. I hate where the story line is in New Moon right now! 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? dunno yet... as of now, I'd say Edward, that's all I know! 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? yes, hoping to get a sitter for Friday night! This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? I dunno.........................I kept hearing about the obsession from so many sources, that maybe I would have bought it!

eres21 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? Yup! Just got done with the *entire* series! 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? Not very long... prolly a month total. 3.) Which is your favorite book? I'm torn between "Twilight" & "Breaking Dawn"... I think I'm leaning towards "Breaking Dawn". 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Team Edward. ONE WORD: *SwOooOOOonnnn!!!!* 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? Yup! Going to the midnight showing!!!! 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had [my sister> not mentioned the series? Pretty busy with the little one so I prolly wouldn't have known about it 'til the movie trailer came out! So glad that she turned me on to the series.

lojo61415 responded:
.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? YES, JUST FINISHED NEW MOON 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? READ THE FIRST 2 IN A COUPLE WEEKS, BUT THE ONLY TIME I GET TO READ IS AFTER EVERYONE HAS GONE TO BED. 3.) Which is your favorite book? I'VE LIKED BOTH TWILIGHT AND NEW MOON, WITH TWILIGHT BEING THE BEST SO FAR 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? TEAM EDWARD SO FAR, BECAUSE BELLA LOVES HIM AND I'M A SUCKER FOR THE GIRLS WHO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE GUYS THEY SHOULDN'T 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? I WANT TO, BUT WILL PROBABLY WAIT UNTIL IT COMES TO VIDEO This question is for everyone but Panda. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? YES, BUT PROBABLY NOT UNTIL I HAD SEEN THE MOVIE

britbrit852003 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? Yes, read all 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? a month to read all 3.) Which is your favorite book? last one 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Team Edward, becasue hes hot!! 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? Saw it the day it came out 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself. had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? never, a coworker gave them to me and I fell in love!!

KIMCOOK2 responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? yes, read them all in 1 week 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? 1 week actually 3.) Which is your favorite book? really it's hard to say i enjoyed them all but if i had to pick one then it would be breaking dawn 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? . team edward, i want someone who sparkles 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? seen it , loved it. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here?actually no my daughter started reading them i asked me to -- Tina (28) DH (35) DSS (9) Lilian Ann 1-4-08 5 lbs 9 oz 19". 10 mths - 14lbs 4oz, 26.5". dairy intolerant

Bluekat responded:
1.) Have you read or are you reading the Twilight series? Halfway through New Moon. 2.) How long did it take you to read the books? Purchased the first two about a month ago. Started and finished Twilight in about two weeks. New Moon will likely be finished by the end of next week. It's a hectic time at work so only can spare a few hours to read it on evenings and weekends. 3.) Which is your favorite book? So far, Twilight but may change as I get more into the series. 4.) Team Edward, Team Jacob, or don't have a preference? Why? Team Edward for the time being. I liked Jacob when he appeared in Twilight so may switch as I get further into the series. 5.) Do you plan on seeing the movie? Don't see a lot of movies but Twilight seems to stick close to the book from the trailers. If I can find the time, I might see it. 6.) Is this a book you would have bought for yourself, had Panda not started the Twilight pendemic on here? I had ignored it when it appeared where I work (Book wholesaler for libraries). It wasn't until the Breaking Dawn hype that I became interested in reading them. I have read several adult vampire/werewolf series (Kelley Armstrong & Keri Arthur) so it's a genre I like. I had ignored mainly because it was young adult. When I found out more info on the author, the more I wanted to read the series. Good poll questions. Thanks for posting them. Donna

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We got married August 27, 2005. After a couple of years of marriage we decided we wanted to have a baby....More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.