Skip to content
9mths and being lazy
apples_core22 posted:
My son hasnt crawled nor walked and i have taken him to his checkup and the doc said that he was healthy but when i said that he hasnt crawled yet he said my son had a developmental delay also my son weighs 27lbs and he needs to be on a diet ...i know that all babies are different but i'm just worried that the doctor might pull somthing else and feak me out...sigh...i live two states away from all my family and it's just me and my husban and his family are 3 to 4 hrs away i try to help him everyday but i feel like i'm not doing enough

gracesmom09 responded:
I would confront the doctor on this. Not crawling at 9 months is not a developmental delay. I know plenty of babies including mine who did not crawl till 10 or 11 months. On top of that some babies *never* crawl.

Marbles0125 responded:
Your baby doesn't have a developmental delay. I agree with pp, some babies never crawl and if they do they don't crawl all at the same time. Every baby is different. The doctor shouldn't have said that, the doc is wrong. Don't rush your baby, he will go at his own pace and when he is ready. Try not to worry too much about it.

swebert responded:
My mom told me that my brother never crawled, he went right to walking. I would not worry about it. Let him go at his own pace. One day he will probably just surprise you and take off running :)

nngmommy83 replied to swebert's response:
My son is also 9 months and doesn't crawl or roll over but his doctor wasn't concerned because he does this lil butt drag lol to get to where he wants to go. That started happening very suddenly so just because he isn't doing something today it could change by next week. Concerning the weight, no offense to you but you might need a new doc! My son weighs 26lbs10oz and his doctor just loves his chunkyness lol I wouldn't worry about it if he's always been a big baby

mbarron87 responded:
Not to worry!!! I agree with all of these ladies here! My DD is 9 months also and has only rolled over twice. She doesnt crawl but will sit up on her own and will try to reach for things. She is also wanting to stand up on her own. She will reach for the top of her crib and try to stand up but fails....its so funny! But every child is different and they will not all do the same things at the same time and may not even do some things at all. Dont worry at all and just enjoy the time and all the little things that he does learn to do while you can. They grow up so fast! Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey there! My name is Mandi, I'm 28 years old and just had my first baby girl on November 13th 2009. We live in Western Maryland in a small town....More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.