Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
With all the recalls..I have to ask
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I have to ask you ladies, raising kids these days, don't you see more recalls then ever before? Between cribs and strollers, bottles and formula, it's got to be frustrating. I just don't remember all these recalls years ago. I can't help but wonder why. Careless workers? Less checking on quality control?
It's frustrating I would imagine.
What are your thoughts on that?

Joyce0922 responded:
I think things were made with better quality material years ago. It seems like anymore things are put together cheaply so that companies can make a bigger profit.

ad1978 replied to Joyce0922's response:
I agree, cheaper material and assembly could be to blame.

Also, I wonder if products failed years ago as well, but people just didn't complain as much as they do now? So if not enough people reported it, no one knew?

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to ad1978's response:
It's true, and probably a combination of everything. Just seems more now and I would imagine frustrating at times. Thanks for your input ladies! :)

tamaricek replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
I do believe we are the generation asking for more in life, however, I also think that now the cutbacks on quality in order to bust the profit are, unfortunately, common practice!

An_222271 responded:
You got to remember also that years ago there was not all this stuff that they have now

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.