Skip to content
Suprise!!
bgabert posted:
I just found out I'm PG with #2.

Little scared, but mostly excited. I can't believe my little baby is going to be a big sister!!

I know there are a couple people here on this board that are pregnant as well with their second or third.. how did you get over the "oh-my-god-i'm going-to-have-another?!" phase.. lol

I can still remember my labour vividly, sure hope that I forget some of it by the time #2 is ready to come out! EEK! :)
- Bri (24), Jarrod (28), Emery (June 15, 2009)

elegi23 responded:
Omg! Congrats! It will be so much fun! Were you trying for #2? We are still working on it. I still haven't had AF since DD was born, so, I guess its my fault :-( I hope you have a blast with 2 babies! It will be so much fun and not as hard this time around!
Gini (22), DH (29), Eleora Marylin 07/23/09

bgabert replied to elegi23's response:
We were trying. We got a faint positive last month, but then AF showed up, so I am ruling that as an early miscarriage.

I wasn't very optimistic for this cycle as my BBT was a bit out of wack and I've been having a delayed O.. (like CD 24, instead of CD 14!)

If you haven't tried keeping track of your cycles, I would highly recommend the book Taking Charge of your Fertility and going to www.fertilityfriend.com. It helped me so much the first time around, and also this time too!

Emmyl responded:
Congratulations! I am also pregnant with #2! I'm almost 16 weeks now. This one is due November 30. I'm still not over the "oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-have-another" phase. lol Although, truly, I don't have that much time to think about it, with an extremely active 11 month old crawling around all over the place. We weren't trying, I had only quit breastfeeding a couple of weeks earlier, but it is such a blessing!! It's been weird being pregnant again. It almost feels more like a continuation of the last one, like I should still be feeling his legs kicking me in the ribs constantly, lol. Congrats again! I hope you have a very happy, healthy pregnancy!!

Emily

elegi23 replied to bgabert's response:
I will definitely try that. We're still trying to actually get a cycle. I think since DD thinks it hilarious to bite me now, and has drawn blood twice, I think we're done BFing and will then be able to try. I really want to get preggo before I get AF, b/c I really really hate them. Lmao!

kfitz responded:
CONGRATS! I have a 10 mo old and I will be 7 mos preggo on Monday. It took DH and I so long to get preggo with #1 we never thought it would go so quick (only had 1 AF) for baby #2, but we are ecstatic!

Wait until you feel the first movement then it will start to feel real. Or when you see the ultrasound, and hear the heartbeat.

Make sure you get enough rest b/c it is nearly impossible with a baby already so learn to ask for help to make sure you are well rested. Trust me, DH and DD prefer to have me in a better mood after I've rested rather than trying to do it all and being a big B#$%^.

Congrats again!
Me(31) DH(31) DD 8/2009 EDD 9/2010 Its a girl!

bgabert replied to kfitz's response:
Thanks for all the support guys!

This pregnancy is already way different than with DD. My first clue with her was that my BB's felt like extremely sore bags of sand! lol
This time, they are fine! I have had light cramping for about a week, nothing near to what AF cramps are like, just, sort of twinges and I can 'feel' my uterus.

It took us 2 years and one miscarriage to get pregnant with DD, so this is a blessing that it's only taken us three months this time.

I am still going to keep quiet about it until the 12 week mark, or at least until my first u/s just to make sure everything is going well.

It's funny because last week I hopped on the scale, and I have finally lost ALL the baby weight, plus another 10 lbs. I was so happy, and now I get to gain it all back, LOL!

elegi23 replied to bgabert's response:
Lol! I hope everything goes well for you! Maybe it's a boy and that's why things are different. I'm worried about trying for number 2 b/c it took us 1 year and a m/c and I have no sign of even being able to try yet. I want to lose all my baby weight before I get preggo w/ #2 though. I still have 20lbs and I want to lose an extra 10, but my dr said I can't until I stop bfing. I can't diet, b/c the min I try, I make absolutely no milk, then I pick up eating again, and I have milk. So the dr said I won't lose weight till I'm done. So, I'm waiting for that to happen.

heather7257 responded:
Congrats to you all! I can barely handle caring for one, pretty sure I would freak out if I got PG again. I guess if it wasn't for the sleepless nights I would be ok with it. I honestly think that is the only thing I don't enjoy about raising DD. All the best!

pridgeon responded:
Congrats!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Mandy. My husband and I have been married for 4 years. We were trying to have a baby for 3 years because I had PCOS. Finally with 2 year...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.