Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fighting the eczema
tamaricek posted:
Our baby girl has had troubles with eczema right after I lost milk, after only eight weeks of breastfeeding (I still am not quite over it).
We fought the eczema by washing her face with chamomile tea and applying the panthenol cream several times a day, also our pediatrician introduced a mild corticosteroid when it became severe. I wasn't at all comfortable with it, but without it the eczema wouldn't go away.
We also followed a strict and careful diet plan, such as introduction of solids as late as the sixth month and testing each type of food for 7 days...Periodically it completely vanishes, but then reappears. We have found some solutions for it and I wrote about them on my blog , but am hopeful someone has some other suggestions which would help us avoid corticosteroids.
Best of luck, everyone!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mom to Cadance, born on 3-27-09 by an emergency C-section. The cord was wrapped around her little neck 3 times and thank god, she is fin...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.