Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NEC and feeding tubes
cav2533 posted:
Has anyone had a baby who had NEC andended up with a Gtube? My daughter was term at 38 weeks and ended uo getting NEC. It is very rare for a term baby to get this. 51/2 months in the hospital multiple surgeries left us with 3 small sections of her intestines removed and a feeding tube. She has been doing great, but just concerned now about weight gain. She consistntly gained while using the feeding tube. We have been giving everything by mouth since she was 8 months and is now 10 months. problem is she is only 16.8 lbs and hasn't put on much weight in the last 2 months. She is on cereal and baby food and eats very well. Just looking for advice/ support. We go back to see her surgeons in a week and I am scared they are going to make us start using the feeding tube again,

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (30), DH (30), DD (3-30-10), 2 fur babies: Loki & Scurvy Pete (Cats).

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.