Skip to content
Baseboard Heaters
heather7257 posted:
We are moving into a house that has baseboard heaters. I have heard that babies can get 2nd degree burns from sticking their fingers in there, and am worried about DD. I am considering getting covers for them, but they are really expensive like over $100 each. Does anyone have BB heaters and what have you done to protect your LO's? Thanks!

crunk05177 responded:
We have had them in both apartments we've lived in. I know it blocks the heat a bit but we always put furniture in front of them. In our living room now, our couch is in front of it and then we have pieces of furniture on the sides to block it. I wouldn't put the crib on that wall though...in both places, I put the dressers on those walls and the crib on another. Be careful of toys too....we have had the paint and plastic melt on a few of them. At one point we had a toy box in front of it and a few toys melted a little so I threw them out unfortunately and during winter months I just pulled the box away a couple of inches and it was fine!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kasi and I am a 33 year old momma of two boys. My oldest is 5 and the youngest will be 1 in April. Married to DH for 6 years in March, and ...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.