Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bedtime sleeping
lkevans posted:
So my LO goes to bed about 8pm and wakes still once for a feeding and will wake up about 6am when I get her ready for daycare. So I was wandering how your Little ones are sleeping at night. If you guys are lucky and get an all night sleeper. Im not willing to do the CIO method, but I sure do miss sleep without interruptions.

And another question, I know when they are older you wean them off the bottle but if LO is still waking in the middle of the night to eat what happens then if anyone has experence with those non sleepers.

aleshacrogan responded:
hello, my son doivan is 11 months old and he still doesnt sleep threw the night. he wakes up about 230 for a bottle and again at 5 for the secound bottle after that he gets up at 7. i have talked to my sons doctor about it and he says its just his natural body clock still adjusting. he is on baby food and cerial and we started protiens but the only thing i have found that helps to keep him going nonstop after his afternoon nap. just wearin him out seems to keep him threw the night more than just trying to put him to bed.

sclucky responded:
Each baby is different. DS woke up at least once until he was over 1. DD started sleeping through the night a 1 month old. It is really just luck of the draw. I will say that with DS I think it was more a habit than anything. What I did was just gradually reduce the amount of formula at the night time feeding (every other day I'd reduce it by 1 oz.). After a week or so he gave up that bottle. He would still wake up sometimes but I'd give him his paci and he'd go back to sleep. The key was to keep the lights off, don't talk to him, don't pick him up. If we did any of those things then he was up and we couldn't get him back down.

rvehar replied to sclucky's response:
I have to agree with sclucky. Every child is different and this too shall pass. My older DD started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, but around 4 months she went through a phase of getting up in the middle of the night...then it worked it self out and then it happened again at 6 months and 9 months (usually right after her shots) and then around 10 months she started getting up at 5:30 for a bottle and would go back to bed....this lasted up until her 1st birthday and then it stopped. She sleeps great now but only needs about 9 hours a sleep at night and is ready to roll
Now my youngest DD (almost 11 months) has been sleeping through the night since 6 weeks and sleeps 12 hours a night. And still takes two 2 hour naps a day. It all depends on the kid. Good luck. This will pass too!
Me (31) DD (37) DD(3) DD ( 9 months)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me: Dee (3), DH: Ken (35), DD: Ava Rose born 3/26/2009 5 lbs 15oz, 19.5 in...we live in NY!

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.