Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Antibiotics
lkevans posted:
My daughter has had about 4 ear infections so far in her short 10 month life. They say it is hereditary (sp?) like I when I was little finally had to have tubes, lucky her. Well everytime we have gotten antibiotics for this first amoxicillin, then augmentin, then amoxicillin, and now again augmentin. This time though she has developed a whole body rash from cheeks all the way down the trunk of her body. Could this be an allergy? I am taking her back to the dr to get different medicine but in the mean time I wanted opinions or if anyone else went through this at all? Thanks guys!

rvehar responded:
If she has an all body rash, it is probably an allergic reaction. We found out my daughter was allergic to penicillin after she broke out in a rash all over her body (and this was the second time she had the penicillin, the first time she showed no reaction). Good luck.
Me (31) DD (37) DD(3) DD ( 9 months)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a first time mom of a gorgeous, intelligent and loving baby named Aidan. He's 9 months now. I'm a stay at home mom that is open to new...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.