Skip to content
10 month old not sleeping through the night, extremely fussy
ntla10 posted:
I am wondering if anyone can help me. I have heard from so many people that it is normal but it just doesnt feel right to me. My son is 10 months old and he doesnt sleep through the night. The longest period of time he has slept is 3 1/2 hrs. He is extremely fussy, not all the time, but so much of it. He does a cry that is almost fake until I pick him up and then he still fusses. He does this when he has a full belly, clean diaper and everything else. I am just getting more and more concerned. I am exhausted and just want to help my son. I just dont understand what is going on with him. I hear from people all the time Im sure it is his teeth, but he has been getting teeth since he was 4 1/2 months old and he has never since he was born slept through the night or longer then 3 1/2 hrs. Please help me.

lkevans responded:
My daughter doesn't sleep through the night either she is almost 11mos. But about the fussy part it could be teeth or maybe alittle bit of gas/heartburn. I know that the two problems we have had with my LO. For the gas we have used gripe water before bed and put a pillow under her mattress to make her a bit elevated in her crib. I guess worth a shot, sleep deprevation sucks!

saywhat789 replied to lkevans's response:
This sounds just like my kiddo when she had ear infections. She is also a non-sleeper at at 13 months is still waking up at least once in the night. She does have tubes now. ((HUGS)) to you exhuasted mama! You may just have a high-needs way to busy for sleep kiddo like I do.

mybabyg responded:
My daughter is 10 months old and she does not sleep through the night either. I wouldn't worry about it, I know it can be frustrating, but he'll sleep through soon enough. My daughter doesn't eat a whole lot, so she wakes up to eat and then goes back to sleep. How much does he eat? she drinks about a 4 oz bottle with cereal before bed and she won't take anymore. I can only count about 5 times that she has slept through the night since she's been born.

Laney0705 responded:
I would talk to your pediatrician. It might be acid reflux or GERD. Even if he's not spitting up he might be having some reflux that is distressing him.

I agree with PP, elevate his mattress a little so he's not laying toally flat. Try the gripe water, I used it on my DS b/c he was gassy and had some GERD.

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 9-9-09 I recieved the most wonderful gift any one could ask for...my beautiful little boy, Grayson. Needless to say I'm a first time mommy and ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.