Skip to content
19 kids and counting!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi all,

Might be too soon in your babies lives to ask you this, but I have read that the Dugger's would welcome child number 20!! If you could afford it, would you continue to have babies? I'm guessing there reality show is affording them these blessings, but when is enough, enough? How do you share yourself with all these children and make them each feel loved? I catch that show once in a while, and it looks like to me the older ones are raising the younger ones. I guess that's how it has to be! Your thoughts?

crunk05177 responded:
If you look it up, you could find information about the family and how they work. You are exactly right, an older child is assigned to a younger one to help raise him/her. I know that Michele and Jim Bob do not believe in BC pills. Apparently, after or before (I forgot exactly when) they had Josh, she went on BC and still got pregnant which resulted in a miscarriage. They were so upset by it that they decided not to use it anymore and they would have "as many kids as god intended." I haven't really developed an opinion about them nor do I watch the show regularly. BUT I do have to say, they have very good intentions in there actions, well from what I can see.

kfitz responded:
I struggled when I accepted my first job and when I started college to manage all the responsibilities. I don't believe my parents prepared me for the real world and I was forced to grow up quickly at the age of 17. I wish I would have had more responsibilities as a child to prepare me for the real world. As I grew older I worked in reatil management and supervised alot of teenagers that struggled with the same thing and didn't have the work ethic that our parents had.
I believe Michelle and Jim Bob are doing that by making sure the children do their chores and take on responsibility of helping to raise the younger children. It takes a village you know and these children may be more prepared than most children to transition to independence.

tempymae2007 responded:
Actually if I remember correctly they did not have debt before they started doing their tv show. I think that all of their kids are loved and well adjusted. I believe that as long as their children are happy and healthy and so are they than why can't they continue to have kids. They are not like a lot of families that only have 2 or 3 kids who can not emotional, physically or financially care for them.

seeit2 responded:
I could never do it. Admit it, girls, Michelle Duggar must be totally beat. Physically, I mean. I know I'm no spring chicken but I think at some point you have to say enough's enough.

Deb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mom to Cadance, born on 3-27-09 by an emergency C-section. The cord was wrapped around her little neck 3 times and thank god, she is fin...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.