Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Speech therapy screening
seeit2 posted:
Hi all. Moving up from the 6-9 boards, if there is anyone here who posts regularly.

I had a social worker form the county come by yesterday to screen DS for a speech evaluation. He does not make any speech sounds at all, just a few grunts, otherwise he is a really quiet little guy. (We joke that my DD does not let him get a word in edgewise LOL). My DD, who is 4, has an expressive delay so this is not a huge shock to us.

Anyway, DS qualifies to go forward with a full evaluation. (In this state, they screen first - the last state I lived in just sent someone out to do a full eval). I could not answer "yes" to even one of her screening questions so there was no question he needs to be evaluated. We go in two weeks to get the full eval. Hopefully we can get the little guy some help nice and early and get him up to speed quickly.

Deb

Laney0705 responded:
Hey Deb- I had no idea they did speech evals this early. It's a good plan to start as early as possible though. Hope it goes well, keep us posted.

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 9-9-09 I recieved the most wonderful gift any one could ask for...my beautiful little boy, Grayson. Needless to say I'm a first time mommy and ...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.