Skip to content
warm milk?
ProudMama2009 posted:
My 9month old daughter eats alot of formula as well as plenty of jar food. She even drinks apple jouice but at night, she has a hard time falling alseep cause she is starting to teeth and i was wondering could i give her a 3oz bottle of warm to help her fall asleep instead of giving her medicine?

jlbelknap35 responded:
are you talking about regular milk or formula milk? ive been giving my ds milk milk starting at 9 months but i do formula still also. i dont think it will hurt her unless she was one that had tummy problems but if she is teething than its probly not going to help her and the tylonal/motren and teething tablets/orajel will sooth her more bc she is restless from pain and disconfort and warm milk can sooth her when she is trying to fall asleep in a normal situation but its not going to help with the pain.

Laney0705 responded:
I agree with PP, if your DD has teething pain the warm milk won't really help. I would use Tylenol/Motrin.

I have started giving DD regular milk once a day so her system gets used to it for when we stop formula in 2 months. I don't plan on giving any juice until she's 2 years old (recommended by our pediatrician). I did the same thing with DS no juice till after 2.

aprilc1976 replied to Laney0705's response:
My 10 month old is teething.. he has been since he turned 6 months. I don't like to give him tylenol all of the time so I found these teething tablets that work great! They are homeopathic teething tablets made by Hyland's. They have no side effects and are 100% natural. I have found that they actually work better for my LO than the tylenol did. Give them a try!

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.