Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
warm milk?
ProudMama2009 posted:
My 9month old daughter eats alot of formula as well as plenty of jar food. She even drinks apple jouice but at night, she has a hard time falling alseep cause she is starting to teeth and i was wondering could i give her a 3oz bottle of warm to help her fall asleep instead of giving her medicine?

jlbelknap35 responded:
are you talking about regular milk or formula milk? ive been giving my ds milk milk starting at 9 months but i do formula still also. i dont think it will hurt her unless she was one that had tummy problems but if she is teething than its probly not going to help her and the tylonal/motren and teething tablets/orajel will sooth her more bc she is restless from pain and disconfort and warm milk can sooth her when she is trying to fall asleep in a normal situation but its not going to help with the pain.

laney0705 responded:
I agree with PP, if your DD has teething pain the warm milk won't really help. I would use Tylenol/Motrin.

I have started giving DD regular milk once a day so her system gets used to it for when we stop formula in 2 months. I don't plan on giving any juice until she's 2 years old (recommended by our pediatrician). I did the same thing with DS no juice till after 2.

aprilc1976 replied to laney0705's response:
My 10 month old is teething.. he has been since he turned 6 months. I don't like to give him tylenol all of the time so I found these teething tablets that work great! They are homeopathic teething tablets made by Hyland's. They have no side effects and are 100% natural. I have found that they actually work better for my LO than the tylenol did. Give them a try!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Tiffany 25 DH 33 DD 3/10/09 Phoenix AZ

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.