Skip to content
if a 9 month old infant swallows a rock can it be digested
shiny202006 posted:
i believe my nine month old daughter swallowed a rock. i was unaware that my sister left her in the livingroom alone. i have a center piece on the living room table and she got to it. im not sure if she swallowed one or not but i would like to know just in case i need to take further actions as far as taking her to a doctor

jlbelknap35 responded:
if its small enough that she can swallow without choking i would expect it would be able to pass just fine as long as its not sharp. most things end up passing but usually the things you need to worry about are sharp items like needles and stuff. just watch for signs of her being unconfortable or it in the diaper.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Mandy. My husband and I have been married for 4 years. We were trying to have a baby for 3 years because I had PCOS. Finally with 2 year...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.