i believe my nine month old daughter swallowed a rock. i was unaware that my sister left her in the livingroom alone. i have a center piece on the living room table and she got to it. im not sure if she swallowed one or not but i would like to know just in case i need to take further actions as far as taking her to a doctor
if its small enough that she can swallow without choking i would expect it would be able to pass just fine as long as its not sharp. most things end up passing but usually the things you need to worry about are sharp items like needles and stuff. just watch for signs of her being unconfortable or it in the diaper.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.