Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My 11 Month Old Won't Sleep
An_222279 posted:
So I have an 11 month old boy who used to sleep through the night from 8 months on with no problems. The past two weeks he wakes between 3:30 am and 4:30 am and will not go back to sleep unless he lays with us. This is a habit we do not want to have. We do not believe he should be in our bed. We have another baby on the way, due in 4 weeks.
We have tried and rules out gas, and teething pain. I am not sure why he is waking and I don't know what to do to get him to go back to sleep.
Any advice?

saywhat789 responded:
Oh man my DD went through a stage like that where she was up ready to play for the day. I found that if I just ignored her she would go back down. Does your son cry? Have you tried just leaving him in the crib to see what he does? Chances are if you just ignore him he will eventually lay back down and go to sleep.

smsmith12 replied to saywhat789's response:
Thank you! We have been giving that a try and we think it is working. We actually stopped using the monitor so that if he does cry it doesn't wake us immediately and that seems to help.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need help planning my wedding!

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.