Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Teething and going potty a lot.
Sonskydave posted:
Our 9 month old son has been using the bathroon very frequently. I have told my wife I believe it is due to him teething. As I recall children go to the potty more when teething and the consitency is a little runnier than normal. Is there any truth to this? Please help to ease our minds on the subject. Thank you in advance for any insight.

attleysmom responded:
Yes, the extra saliva from teething can cause runny poops that are more frequent.

You just want to keep an eye out for dehydration and if it really excessive like every diaper, you may want to consult your doctor.

HTH.

CGSmommy replied to attleysmom's response:
How would one know if a baby is dehydrated? and my daughter is 9 months with her two front bottom teeth? I worry about that..

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 9-9-09 I recieved the most wonderful gift any one could ask for...my beautiful little boy, Grayson. Needless to say I'm a first time mommy and ...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.