Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Weird question...
airjeremal posted:
I know this may seem like a weird one but just because kids get the chicken pox vaccine doesnt mean that they will not get the chicken pox, right? I have a 5 yr old and am curiuos because I know that time will come when he will be exposed to it. Just want to mentally prepare myself for what may happen. Thanks for any responses!

mbyates responded:
Yes, that is true. They can still get chicken pox even though they get the vaccine. The vaccine just keeps it from being a bad case of it if they do get it. But getting the vaccine greatly reduces their chances of contracting chicken pox.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm happily married to my hubby Jeff. We have 5 kids all together with a blended family. 22 yo ds, 13 yo ds, 12 yo ds, 8 yo dd, 10 month old dd. I...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.